From Hannah Provence Donigan, Commerce Township:
Mitt Romney criticizes President Obama’s policies and blames the president for causing the economic crisis. The main reason he (uses) to show he would make a better president is his experience with Bain Capital. He fails to recognize his Republican Party’s obstructionism and the continuous efforts to hinder economic recovery.
Voters should be aware of President Obama’s achievements:
• The stimulus bill saved up to 4.2 million jobs;
• Unemployment benefits were extended;
• The Affordable Care Act will provide quality health care for all at lower costs;
• Small businesses are being helped to grow in order to solve the unemployment problem;
• Wall Street abuses are ending;
• All Americans are being given a fair shot at middle class security, from education to fair taxes to health care;
• Work is being done (on) student loan reform;
• All types of post-high school education/training, including skilled labor, are being encouraged and stressed;
• The environment is being protected;
• The war in Iraq has been brought to a responsible end;
• The American involvement in Afghanistan is winding down;
• Osama bin Laden is no longer a threat to the world;
• Veterans are finding help in securing good jobs and having better health care; and
• The Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act rewarded women the same as men.
President Obama should have four more years to continue to help our country move forward, to improve some of his policies, (and) to strengthen foreign policy and national security. Perhaps new members in Congress will be willing to compromise with our president to solve problems without creating divisiveness and denigration.