From Hannah Provence Donigan, Commerce Township:
Eric Nagler (“Obama’s record,” May 2) criticized Denise “Chip” Black for her April 25 letter (“Supporting Obama”) in which she indicated President Obama deserved four more years because of his wonderful track record. He accused our president of not speaking about his record whenever he speaks to Americans. He accuses Obama of practicing a policy of divisiveness and denigrating anyone who opposes big government.
I must live on another planet, because I have heard President Obama speak about these accomplishments:
• The Affordable Care Act, which will provide quality health care for all at lower costs;
• Helping small businesses continue a grow in order to help solve the unemployment problem;
• Ending Wall Street abuses;
• Giving all Americans a fair shot at middle class security, from education to fair tax rates to health care;
• Working toward student loan reform and stressing all types of post high school education/training, including skilled labor;
• Helping to protect the environment;
• Bringing the war in Iraq to a responsible end, as well as ridding the world of Osama Bin Laden; and
• Helping veterans find good jobs and improving access to better health care.
Divisiveness, denigration and failure to solve problems have resulted from the Republican-controlled Congress, which refuses to compromise and follows the mantra of “no” — especially “no new taxes.”