Textbook publishers McGraw-Hill produced six classroom videos last week, with Walled Lake Consolidated Schools (WLCS) as a backdrop, to highlight Everyday Mathematics, the math curriculum used in the school district.
Six elementary school teachers in the district were featured in the videos:
• Fifth-grade teacher Kelly Lindsay of Guest Elementary;
• Fourth-grade teacher Rob Osborne, also of Guest Elementary;
• Third-grade teacher Kristen Gauthier from Wixom Elementary;
• Second-grade teacher Debbie Conti-Newman from Pleasant Lake Elementary;
• First-grade teacher Brenda Raymond, also from Pleasant Lake; and
• Kindergarten teacher Carrie O’Connell from Wixom Elementary.
Those teachers were filmed demonstrating instructional best practices, which included student-centered, hands-on activities featuring the Everyday Mathematics curriculum for each grade level.
The videos are going to used for the new Everyday Math professional development website for teachers and parents who use the program.
“Walled Lake Schools is thrilled to be featured in this professional development video series for McGraw-Hill, especially since our teachers are model educators who are animated and keep our students excited about learning,” said Walled Lake Consolidated Schools Assistant Superintendent Carole Beverwyk.